Saturday, February 11, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI Winners!

Well, well, well... It's been a while, now hasn't it? I don't know why I decided to stop blogging for a few weeks. Guess I got busy I'm not reall sure, but there's only so much that I can blog about!
 
One thing that excites me beyond anything is the Super Bowl. To a higher extent when my team or a team close to my team wins! AHEM*** and beats the Patriots not once, but TWICE in the big game***
But other than that, I'd just like to say that that was probably the most "on the edge of my seat" game I've ever watched in the 4 years that I've been watching football. Those last five minutes were the worst, though, and even tho they went through the half time show, which I might add was very enjoyable in my opinon, and a little into the second half down a few points, I knew they would win it. The Patriots have never, nor will ever win in Lucas Oil Stadium. I don't know if you watched or not, but when the Patriots were introduced, there was an array of "BOO's" coming from the stands, with a few cheers and claps thrown in there. 

I knew this year was Eli's year. ELIte Manning himself. 

And can we just talk about Ahmad Bradshaw's unbELIevable catch? That was just fantastic!! Oh, and his winning touchdown? Pure greatness. Up untill the final second I was pacing back and forth with my heart practically in my stomach, beating like crazy. And when that Hail Mary that Brady threw fell incomplete, with the help of a few Giants team mates of course, that was just a wow moment. Especially when Gronkpwski tried to recover it (and failed to do so) The game was over, Eli and the Giants had won another Super Bowl against the Patriots with a score of 21-17 

But  I'd just like to add for any Patriots fans reading this that Tom Brady of course is 1. Gorgeous, and 2. a fantastic quarterback. And afterwards I somewhat gained a respect for him... kinda.. just for the fact that he was playing for Myra Kraft, who died from cancer this past year, which I thought was touching, especially by how hard he took it. But wouldn't you? going 12-3 then losing to a 9-7 team in the final 30 seconds in the biggest game of the year? I especially felt bad for Robert Kraft. After Brady threw that big incompletion, they zoomed in on him cheering, then falling flat in his $500,000 box seats. All color drained from his face as he walked away in disbelief. 

So, to say the least, I was crazy excited after the game- for the rest of the night, even, and into the next day as well. 
Another thing I'd like to add is that I'm extremely jealous of anyone who lives in Indianapolis!! Up until a day before the game I was looking for hotels just to be in the excitement of the city, but the prices didn't work in my favor. I wouldn't have minded staying in a Holiday Inn 42 miles out of the city, but not for $1,000 a night.

So regardless if you were at the game, in the city, or staying at home like me, I hope you had a fantastic Super Bowl XLVI Sunday! 

Go Giants! 

P.S: I'm a Colts fan for any of you that don't know, so of course I rooted for the Giants! 
 
            Ta-Ta for now!
                                                                                     <3 Mary



A Giants baloon I bought in honor of the game 

                                      
Yeah, I had a cake made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment